Director of Communications & Digital Strategy
Michigan Veterinary Medical Association
The Director of Communications and Digital Strategy is responsible for all communications, public relations, marketing and digital media strategy and execution for the organization. The role requires innovative data-driven thinking to connect all aspects of communications with MVMA membership, media and the public at-large, to promote the MVMA brand and its members. The position requires the creation of strategies and content for the MVMA including traditional public relations and communications skills in addition to web-based and electronic communications (websites, email, social media, video, graphic design and other emerging platforms). The Director of Communications and Digital Strategy will collaborate with the CEO as well as other MVMA staff to ensure that messaging and branding across all platforms are seamless, creative and impactful. The ideal candidate will be a strong storyteller who can easily create print and digital materials that are engaging, easy to understand and closely adhere to the organization’s mission and vision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and implement communications and marketing strategy across both print and digital platforms
- Develop and sustain a vibrant, interactive and branded digital communications program across multiple platforms to support and enhance the advancement MVMA’s strategic goals and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with staff and members to create timely communications, public relations and marketing materials
- Shoot and edit all MVMA videos to be used for digital communications, learning and news updates for membership, the media and public at-large
- Graphic design capabilities for quarterly magazine, brochures and pamphlets to promote upcoming events and educational opportunities
- Develop and implement a plan for a public advocacy campaign to raise awareness of veterinary medicine and promote the industry as a whole
- Develop strategies for member outreach to ensure member needs are not only being met, but exceeded at all stages of their careers
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, graphic design, video production or related field (equivalent work experience will be accepted)
- Minimum of two years of experience producing and directing digital communications, graphic design, video production or other related areas
- Knowledge of content development, information technology and architecture, site design, search-engine optimization and web analytics
- Prior experience in digital storytelling
- A proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences in conversations and through documents
- Excellent oral/ written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent planning and web project management skills
- The ability to problem-solve, using investigative research and analytical skills to develop and implement creative solutions
- The ability to take initiative, accurately establish priorities, complete complex assignments in a timely manner, and adapt quickly to changing needs and conflicting challenges
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team player
- Competency in problem solving; ability to inspire and motivate collaborators
- Strong knowledge of various digital communications and social media software and platforms, including content management systems and digital publishing tools
- A sophisticated understanding of digital audiences and fluency in best practice tools and techniques for digital communication
- The ability and willingness to travel
- Bold, innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to try to methods and techniques
Working Conditions: Work to be conducted primarily in office, however travel will be required especially for video shoots. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Some lifting required (up to 30 lbs.). Long hours on computer keyboard. Prolonged periods of sitting, standing and/or walking. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary/Benefits: The position is full-time salary with regular workdays of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some nights and weekends required. Full benefit package including health, dental and retirement plan. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Michigan Veterinary Medical Association ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, three references, salary requirements and samples of your work to John Tramontana, CAE, CEO of MVMA at email@example.com.
Date Posted: 4/26/2019
Expiration Date: 5/17/2019