Associate or Senior Strategist
Piper & Gold Public Relations
WE’RE HIRING AN ASSOCIATE OR SENIOR STRATEGIST
An associate or senior strategist provides strategic communications counsel, direction and oversight for assigned client accounts, as well as high-quality execution of client and agency deliverables. The strategist works with P&G team members and clients to identify priorities and manage public relations strategies from concept to completion, leveraging agency resources to help achieve client goals.
As a part of this process, the strategist develops new and existing client relationships and serves as the strategic point of contact for assigned clients. The strategist must also provide counsel and oversight to ensure efficient use of team and client resources and to meet organizational objectives.
What’s the difference between an associate strategist and senior strategist?
It’s a combination of years of experience and relevant leadership positions. An associate strategist is expected to provide clients and the agency with strategic PR counsel and execution. A senior strategist does the same, but also plays an influential role in agency management and leadership, holding responsibility for one of P&G’s core business functions based on background and passion areas. To be able do that, it’s expected a senior strategist will have more years of experience, particularly in leadership positions.
What makes someone the right fit for P&G?
Because we’re small by choice, we have the freedom and flexibility to specialize in different ways that complement one another’s skills. We also specialize in a few client areas that give us life. If you’re the same, please give us a head’s up.
We dig experience in:
— Early childhood, K-12 and post-secondary education communications.
— Economic development and municipal work.
— Social justice and community change work.
— Environmental communications.
— Local, regional or state government background.
— Community relations program development and execution.
Knowledge, skills and abilities needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or a related field required.
- Proficient in word processing, computer research and email.
- Senior strategist: Accreditation in Public Relations appreciated.
- Senior strategist: Ability to independently lead client accounts.
- Seeing solutions and bringing the savvy to create new opportunities and partnerships with and for our clients.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects (actual juggling not required).
- Knack for relationship building.
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience.
There’s lots more where that came from. See the full job description, including differences between associate and senior strategist, at https://www.piperandgold.com/what-we-say/join-family-now-hiring-associate-or-senior-strategist.
Salary based on experience and position desired/for which you are qualified. Please include salary requirements and position preference within application materials.
Robust benefits package including:
- Employer-sponsored health insurance including vision and dental.
- Unlimited vacation time.
- Flex time.
- Sick time.
- 10-week paid parental leave.
- 40-hour work week.
- IRA match.
- Professional membership fees.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Well-stocked Bubly fridge and your favorite snacks.
- P&G family lunches weekly.
- Merit-based bonuses.
Then, send your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Kate Snyder, principal strategist and owner, at email@example.com
. We’re interviewing on a rolling basis starting in mid-August. Our goal is to bring in our newest family member in September.
Date Posted: 7/30/2019
Expiration Date: 8/16/2019