The PACE Maker of the Year Award is the top honor presented to an individual by the Central Michigan Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (CMPRSA).
This prestigious award recognizes a practitioner who has made a significant contribution to the profession. This person would stand out as a superior example of the management function that establishes mutually beneficial relationships between an organization and the public. The recipient must clearly have demonstrated the superb employment of each of the four components of the public relations planning process:
In a given year, the recipient must have demonstrated outstanding leadership/management skills, innovation and creativity in a project or program that was challenging and/or difficult in nature.
NOTE: To be considered for the PACE Maker of the Year Award, nominees must have an active APR certification.
All entries are reviewed by CMPRSA’s PACE Awards Committee Chair(s). Each completed entry will be reviewed and judged by past three (3) PACE Maker Award winners.
The following points are judged as they pertain to the nominee:
- Specific contributions to the profession
- Application of and adherence to public relations principals and ethics
- Leadership roles within the profession and/or community
- Professionalism pertaining to the nominee’s constituents, co-workers and colleagues
- Teaching or mentoring experiences
- Public service work
- Past achievements, such as awards, published works, etc.
- Additional comments to support the nomination
Please send letter of nomination for the 2022 PACE Maker of the year to PACE Award Chair Hannah Lupi at email@example.com by midnight (11:59 p.m.) on Friday, March 11, 2022.
Past PACEmaker Award Winners:
- 2021 Angela Minicuci, APR
- 2019 Kate Snyder, APR
- 2018 Josh Hovey, APR
- 2017 Monica Ackerson Ware, APR
- 2015 Andy Corner, APR
- 2014 John Truscott
- 2013 David Waymire
- 2012 Carrie Rathbun Hawks, APR
- 2011 Lorri Rishar Jandron, MBA
- 2010 Kent Love, APR
- 2009 Kendall Wingrove
- 2008 Michelle Lantz, APR
- 2007 Anne Readett, APR
- 2006 Debra Pozega Osburn, Ph. D.
- 2005 Douglas J. Klein, APR
- 2004 Barbara Lezotte, APR
- 2003 Gail Braverman, APR
- 2002 Roger Martin, APR
- 2001 Joanne Eason, APR
- 2000 Shelia Wright, APR
- 1999 Elizabeth Boyd, APR
- 1998 Mark Holoweiko, APR
- 1997 Diane Marinelli, APR, ABC
- 1996 Dennis Larson, APR
- 1995 Shirley Beckman, APR and George W. Brown, APR, Fellow, PRSA
- 1994 Bob Parsons, APR
- 1993 Jack Pyle, APR, Fellow, PRSA
- 1992 Kelly Rossman-McKinney, APR, Fellow, PRSA
- 1991 Walt Sorg, APR
- 1990 Paul McConaughy, APR
- 1989 David Sackman, APR