Communications and Event Planning Internship (Paid)
Organization: Michigan Works! Association
Job Description: Description:
Lansing-based membership association seeks an intern with education/experience in marketing and communications to work in tandem with the Association’s Directors of Communications, Events and Business Solutions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Event planning and logistics for Michigan Works! Annual Conference, trainings and other events, including scheduling, document creation, materials prep, attendee/presenter communications, on-site logistics.
• Photography/videography – shooting and editing.
• Written and creative assistance with publications and newsletters – documents drafting, graphic design, signage, etc.
• Coordination and maintenance of mailing lists and contact databases.
• Social media coordination with innovative strategies on such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Website content development and maintenance.
• Sponsorship outreach.
• Survey programming and analysis.
• Administrative duties and technology assistance
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current enrollment in a post-secondary institution. Preference for the following majors: marketing, communications, journalism, business or a related field.
• 20 hours minimum availability during office hours (Monday-Friday, 8-5).
• Excellent writing skills with exceptional attention to detail and importance of message consistency in writing and design.
• Knowledge of and experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Great interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present information in a highly-creative and compelling way to move varying audiences to action.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Experience with event coordination a plus.
• Web design, graphic design, photography, videography experience preferred.
• Experience with Survey GoToMeeting/GoToTraining (or other webinar products) desired.
• Experience with Survey Monkey.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Access.
Hourly rate: $12-14 based on skills and experience.
Application Procedure: Email resume, writing sample and college transcript to Anisa Mazuca, Director of Operations, Michigan Works! Association at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 07/29/2015
Date Expired: 08/10/2015