Graphics & Social Media Communications Coordinator
Organization: Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
Job Description: Position functions as the graphics and social media communications coordinator for the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Position will have contact with staff, stakeholders, and consumers. Position will be responsible for various communication efforts including graphic design, monitoring of the department’s social media platforms, development of infographics, graphic design and development of brochures and other publications, videos, identification of new social platforms, photography, and internal communications efforts.
• Research and develop information for dept. publications, trade booths, displays, hand-outs, etc.
• Develop and design departmental publications, annual reports, etc.
• Develop and design infographics for social platforms
• Write, design, and publish the departmental internal newsletter
• Work with divisions to enhance internal communications
• Craft messages for social platforms which help support the department’s mission and priorities
• Research and prepare information for placement on social platforms, Internet
• Develop infographics for social and web platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube)
• Monitor social media channels
• Identify new social platforms to help promote the department and engage consumers
• Photography for events and as needed
• Graphic design
Chair the Quality of Life Social Media group
Aid with other graphic design and social media projects as needed.
Develop and populate Flickr site
Draft social media communications strategy each year and as issues arise.
Aid with video production as needed.
Is part of the LEAN Team for internal communications
Goes on ride-alongs with departmental staff to take photos, develop internal communication materials, and for social platforms
Other duties as assigned
Application Procedure: Contact Jennifer Holton, Director of Communications, for more information.
Contact: Jennifer Holton, APR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 01/05/2015
Date Expired: 02/27/2015