Director of Content Strategy
Organization: Olivet College
Job Description: About Olivet College: Olivet is a private, four-year college located in south central Michigan. Home to nearly 1,150 students, the college is committed to providing a quality liberal arts experience combined with strong professional academic programs. We recognize that learning is more than delivering information and facts. At Olivet, students learn how to apply the knowledge they acquire to their career of choice. Our faculty, who also view themselves as mentors, are committed to personalized attention. Oftentimes this relationships-based learning environment builds lifelong connections, which provide a distinct advantage to our graduates.
Olivet College believes there’s value in a diverse campus environment. Creating, encouraging and pursuing opportunities to build inclusiveness within our community is key to our future success. Our students and employees encompass a strong mix of urban, rural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Also imperative to our learning environment is the commitment to our vision, Education for Individual and Social Responsibility. As part of this vision, students, faculty and staff adhere to the Olivet College Compact, a series of principles that define what it means to live and learn at Olivet College.
In 2012, Olivet College launched its current strategic plan, Charting the Course for 2020 and Beyond, which includes substantial growth and development in enrollment, the addition of new academic and co-curricular programs, new construction and major renovation projects, expanded program support and increasing fiscal health. In support of the plan’s implementation, the Director of Content Strategy will have opportunity for significant professional growth.
Description: Olivet College is seeking a motivated and innovative Content Strategist to create, share and measure content across multiple digital and traditional media. Candidates should possess a positive attitude, and be self-motivated while also capable of working collaboratively.
• Develop meaningful and measurable goals and track metrics to optimize effective communication across multiple platforms.
• Develop and execute strategy for content in alignment with college brand.
• Research, produce and edit compelling content for multiple platforms – web and feature stories, videos, photography, blogs, etc.
• Maximize content impact through multiple channels, including digital media, blogs, e-newsletters and traditional news and PR media.
• Assist in the development of and maintain/enforce style guidelines.
• Meet regularly with key students, faculty and staff to develop story ideas.
• Train individuals who have little knowledge of digital or traditional content development.
• Work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s in communication, public relations, advertising, marketing or related field required.
• Two or more years of experience working in content strategy or related field required.
• A commitment to Olivet College’s brand and strong advocacy of its mission and values.
• Proven record of developing, measuring and tracking data.
• Strong understanding of best practices, trends and innovations in content strategy.
• Experience creating multi-media content.
• The ability to stay organized while managing multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization best practices.
• Knowledge of AP Style and Drupal CMS preferred.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
• Flexibility to adapt and respond appropriately to the demands of a fluid environment is essential in this role. This may include working outside of standard hours when necessary.
• Salary commensurate with education and experience.
• Comprehensive health and benefits package.
• Four weeks paid time off plus numerous paid holidays in conjunction with the college’s academic calendar.
• Professional development opportunities.
Application Procedure: To Apply:
Please submit a letter of application, resume, transcripts (copies acceptable at this initial phase) and names and contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submissions should be in PDF format.
To ensure “best consideration”, please apply before December 12, 2014. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Due to the College holiday closure schedule, candidate interviews will take place mid-January, 2015.
Olivet College is an equal opportunity employer and does take affirmative steps to employ women and minorities. Feel free to forward this announcement to others who may be interested.
Date Posted: 11/24/2014
Date Expired: 01/15/2015