Media & Public Relations Coordinator
Organization: Delta Dental of Michigan
Job Description: Job Summary: To enhance the company’s reputation and brand by establishing and maintaining relationships with journalists, other members of the mass media and a variety of other public relations audiences.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Research, write, edit and distribute approved media alerts and press releases
2. Develop and maintain one-on-one relationships with reporters
3. Actively and successfully pitch stories to appropriate media sources
4. Research, write and distribute other approved PR materials including brochures, topical talking points, media kits, visitor kits
5. Develop and coordinates interview and photo opportunities for the company
6. Handle enquiries from the public, the press and other organizations.
7. Organize promotional events such as press conferences, media days and other publicity events
8. Coordinate the PR components of a potential crisis situation.
9. Oversee, track and evaluate media and online coverage
10. Plan and implement new promotional opportunities and PR campaigns
11. Assist with public affairs campaigns and special projects as needed
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Requirements Position requires a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, mass media, communications or a related field, and three years of professional work experience in public relations, journalism, or media relations. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Position requires strong writing and editing skills; experience working with the media; writing and distributing press releases; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and a high level of creativity and ability to work on a team. Experience with social media; established relationships with local media; media event planning experience; knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; ability to work on a team; ability to multi-task; and schedule flexibility preferred.
Application Procedure: Please Apply Online at: https://www3.apply2jobs.com/DeltaDental/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=610&CurrentPage=1
Date Posted: 08/12/2015
Date Expired: 09/12/2015