Legal Marketing Intern
Organization: Fraser Trebilcock Lawyers
Job Description: Fraser Trebilcock is a leading Michigan law firm with locations in Lansing, Detroit and Grand Rapids. The firm is looking for a legal marketing intern to work in the heart of downtown Lansing, inside its Boji Tower office, just steps from the State Capitol. Candidates should have a keen eye for detail and impeccable writing, editing and proofreading skills, along with the ability to think and work independently. This part-time position will be approximately 15-20 hours per week.
Application Procedure: Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Firm website: Manage website blogs, attorney profiles, monthly reports from Google Analytics and help to develop digital marketing strategies for the firm
• Social media: Post on various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and various industry-related directories
• Writing, editing and proofreading: Manage, edit and write content for the firm's internal newsletters
• Seminars and events: assist with materials, name tags, registration, on-site coordination, follow-up and other assigned tasks related to events
• Media relations: Prepare and update media lists, draft news releases and media outreach
• Database management: Assist with data entry, coding and ongoing maintenance
• One to two years marketing/communications experience, preferably in professional services marketing
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Must be detail-oriented and organized, demonstrating strong project management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment while working under tight deadlines
• Proactive, results-driven, self-motivated, with strong "client service" orientation
• Team-oriented approach, with the ability to also effectively work autonomously
• Professional demeanor; ability to effectively interact with all levels of attorneys, management and administrative staff
• Experience with MS Office Suite (including Excel, Access and PowerPoint), Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+.
If you are interested in applying send a cover letter, resume and other relevant material to:
email@example.com. No phone calls.
Date Posted: 05/21/2013
Date Expired: 06/07/2013
Organization: Michigan State University
Job Description: The Advertising Public Relations department seeks a highly qualified Teaching Specialist. This is a fixed term, renewable annual appointment. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the department's digital initiatives. The successful candidate will oversee and develop a broader reach within existing courses enabling users who normally might not be able to take courses the opportunity to do so. This will be accomplished through the creation and development of digital content for courses. Duties include: Create and integrate social media into curriculum for both the Novi location and for courses taught on the MSU campus. Negotiate room space and services necessary for courses, schedule classes to fit both Walsh College and MSU time. Monitor classes to anticipate and prevent imbalances in course sections and other potential problems. Recruit teaching candidates when necessary. Develop relationships with professional organizations in the Detroit area. Identify promotional opportunities for the program. The candidate will teach approximately two classes each year. Courses taught will be mainly online sections based in Novi MI. Provide oversight and direction of the department website and the inclusion of social media within the website. Other duties as assigned.
Application Procedure: To apply, please refer to posting #7783 and complete an electronic submission at the Michigan State University Employment Opportunities website https://jobs.msu.edu
Date Posted: 05/20/2013
Date Expired: 06/03/2013
Public Relations Professional
Organization: Fahlgren Mortine
Job Description: Fahlgren Mortine is looking to add a Public Relations professional to its award-winning team.
? The professional is responsible for providing support to the public relations team for the nation’s largest traditional grocery retailer. This individual also ensures that social media strategies are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
? This position is a part-time (25 to 50 hours per month) position.
? Candidate must be available at least twice per week to attend key client meetings at client’s offices, which are located in Novi, Mich., as well as have the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
? Manages client’s social media channels to increase engagement with target audiences and convey key messages
? Contributes to the development and execution of social media campaigns
? Develops social media content that supports the overall marketing objectives and works with client contacts to secure content approval
? Monitors client’s social media channels and ensures that followers are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner
? Drafts monthly social media recap reports about important social media issues and growth in social media engagement
? Stays up-to-date on social media trends to provide recommendations to client about how social media channels can best be used
? Develops a thorough understanding of the entire marketing and communications landscape in order to support the client’s integrated programs
? Attends weekly staff meetings with merchandisers and client-side advertising team to gather content information and project details
? Develops relationships with key media to support media relations campaign objectives
? Prepares a full range of written materials including news releases, pitch emails and reports
? Provides on-the-ground support for grand openings, special events and charitable activities
? Provides support to senior team members on various projects as needed
? At least 3 to 5 years of previous public relations experience is required, preferably in an agency setting
? Expertise in growing social media networks, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
? Proven experience managing and growing social media accounts to increase engagement and following
? Solid media relations experience
? Proven experience supporting planning and execution of events
? Strong presentation and writing skills
? Excellent research skills
? Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and balance priorities
? High level of initiative
? Experience working as part of a team is preferred
? BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism or related fields
? Some travel may be required
? Ability to work out of his or her home that is within close proximity to Novi, Mich.
Application Procedure: To apply, please visit our careers page at: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1057/job.
Contact: Human Resources
Date Posted: 05/10/2013
Date Expired: 07/01/2013